Home  >  Support  >  Support Forum  >  Create a data stream from a scheduled operation (or other method to plot VCC voltage).
Notice! We've recently migrated to using a new forum, we hope you enjoy it. If you are an existing member and this is your first time visiting our new forum, please reset your password to be able to sign in.

Create a data stream from a scheduled operation (or other method to plot VCC voltage).

0 votes
I am trying to figure out a way to plot xbee VCC in Device Cloud. I'm trying to look at device voltage drop over the course of a day to judge battery capacity required. The easiest way I have come up with is scheduling an operation that gets the state (query_state) via RCI. One of the parameters that is returned by this is supply_voltage, which is exactly what I'm after.

I was trying to find a way to output the results to a data stream so I can trend the voltage. The operations completes every 10 minutes as scheduled.

I'm also open to suggestions as to a better method of querying for the voltage. I've thought about using the V+ setting and setting it to 0x0C00. I haven't played with standalone XBEE sampling yet which is why I opted for the query_state option.

Thanks,
Kurt
asked Aug 13 in Device Cloud-enabled RF Gateways by Avocadodude New to the Community (0 points)
recategorized Aug 12 by Avocadodude

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Connect the VCC line to one of the ADC lines (with the proper level shifting) then set the ADC line for a sample rate. Push that data to the cloud in your python script.
answered Aug 18 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (1,549 points)
Contact a Digi expert and get started today! CONTACT US