Home  >  Support  >  Support Forum  >  Universal gateway for ZigBee devices of different vendors
Notice! We've recently migrated to using a new forum, we hope you enjoy it. If you are an existing member and this is your first time visiting our new forum, please reset your password to be able to sign in.

Universal gateway for ZigBee devices of different vendors

0 votes
Hi All,

Am working on setting up a project where I should be able to control my ZigBEE End Device(ZDO or ZED) from an IP gateway. On having a detailed study, I understood on having a setup established.

But I need to confirm if Zigbee devices from different vendors will be able communicate with each other ??

If they can communicate, can a common(generic) Gateway be used for accessing or controlling the end devices(from different vendors) from a IP network ???

Kindly lend me your suggestions !! Also, your advise on the devices already available or how to progress ???
asked Aug 12 in Linux-based Gateways by velu4689 New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
The following knowledge base article might prove useful: http://www.digi.com/support/kbase/kbaseresultdetl?id=3519
answered Aug 15 by userid0 Veteran of the Digi Community (931 points)
0 votes
If they are all using the same PAN ID, network stack, operating profile they they should be able to share information. As for controlling each others settings, that is a whole other thing.
answered Aug 18 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (1,545 points)
Contact a Digi expert and get started today! CONTACT US