Home  >  Support  >  Support Forum  >  newb xbee serial communications question...
Notice! We've recently migrated to using a new forum, we hope you enjoy it. If you are an existing member and this is your first time visiting our new forum, please reset your password to be able to sign in.

newb xbee serial communications question...

0 votes
I'm working on a project here that should be pretty basic, but I have a question about how the communications works with the XBee... I have two xbee's, do they communicate one at a time.. one sends/one receives and just go back and forth or can they send and receive simultaneously?

The reason I ask is because I want to have my computer (running LabVIEW) send a data string (a three digit number) when needed to the second xbee attached to a Arduino that will continuously transmitting data back.

Will I need to have some sort of timing scheme so they aren't both sending and neither is listening, or will they send/receive at the same time?

I'm totally new to the xbee world, just hooked them up and got them talking today. Just need a little clarification on how they work.

Thanks!

Chad
asked Jul 11 in IEEE 802.15.4 by chuggins143 New to the Community (0 points)
reshown Jul 11 by halovapor

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
The XBee is a half duplex device that can only simulate a full duplex connection if the serial baud rate is less than 1/2 the throughput rate.
answered Jul 15 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (1,114 points)
Your M2M Expert™for Businessfor Developers
Newsletter SignupYouTubeGoogle+FacebookCopyright © 1996-2013 Digi International Inc. All rights reserved. Legal