Home  >  Support  >  Support Forum  >  Communicating from RCM2100 to Dynamic C using TCP/IP Connection
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Communicating from RCM2100 to Dynamic C using TCP/IP Connection

0 votes
Hello, I'm very new to rabbit microcontrollers and dynamic C and I was hoping for some help getting started.

I am trying to connect to and program my RCM 2100 micro controller from my computer using an ethernet connection (specifically through a micro-LAN connection). However, I'm having difficulty connecting to dynamic C.

I go to Options > Communications and then chose the Use TCP/IP Connection radio button. I then press the Discover button to find the network, but it doesn't find anything.

Is there something I have to do beforehand to set up my network for dynamic C to connect? What am I supposed to enter for Network Address, Controller Name, and Control Port?

Unfortunately all the manuals I could find talk about how to set it up through a serial connection using the programming cable, but not through TCP/IP. Do I need a programming cable even though I want to program through the ethernet connection?

Is there a manual I didn't see that covers how to set up the network? Or some information I need to know before connecting?
asked Jul 3 in Rabbit by BeginnerUser New to the Community (0 points)
edited Jul 3 by BeginnerUser

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
You can only connect via serial connection in order to debug with Dynamic C.

You can download firmware via TCP but you would need to install a download manager. See TN224 at this link http://www.digi.com/support/productdetail?pid=4978&type=documentation.
answered Jul 7 by trooper2 Veteran of the Digi Community (468 points)
Contact a Digi expert and get started today! CONTACT US