Home  >  Support  >  Support Forum  >  Modbus TCP with Connect Me
Notice! We've recently migrated to using a new forum, we hope you enjoy it. If you are an existing member and this is your first time visiting our new forum, please reset your password to be able to sign in.
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Modbus TCP with Connect Me

0 votes
I have recently acquired a Digi Connect ME device and board and am trying to configure it for Modbus TCP.

To do this, I understand you need to change the serial port profile to "Industrial Automation" in the web interface. However my web interface doesn't have this option. Is this because I have a 2 MB flash version of the Connect ME?

PN: 50000878-01 -S

Also hearing that the "-01" from the above PN signifies the 2 MB, though I'm not sure if this is true?

Thanks for any help
asked Jun 4 in Plug N' Play by adamwest New to the Community (3 points)
edited Jun 4 by adamwest

Please log in or register to answer this question.

3 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer
This part number is part of the DC-ME-01T-S product.

It is the 2MB flash version and as per the manual here http://ftp1.digi.com/support/documentation/90000565_P1.pdf

"Industrial Automation is supported in these Digi devices: Digi Connect SP, Digi Connect Wi-SP,
Digi Connect ME 4 MB, Digi Connect Wi-ME, Digi Connect EM, Digi Connect Wi-EM."

Your model is unsupported.
answered Jun 4 by NicholasWilson Community Contributor (125 points)
selected Jun 4 by adamwest
0 votes
Thanks for your quick reply Nicholas,

It was as I guessed then.

I also have two other Connect ME devices with part numbers

PN: 50000878-03 AB -C
one labeled as -P and -S

Are these also 2 MB versions, I read on the forums that if the "-03" was less than 7 then it was a 2 MB version. This is true then?

Thanks
answered Jun 4 by adamwest New to the Community (3 points)
I have no idea.  I just looked at what part number 50000878-01 was used in and it only mapped to DC-ME-01T-S.  If you have that style part number then that is better for me to search on.

I am leaving the office for today and can try to look up the part number tomorrow.

As for the -03 bit less than 7.  I am not sure.
That would be appreciated,

Thank you for your help.
OK, so the 50000878-03 refers to DC-ME-01T-C which is also a 2MB version but is for the Net+OS variant.  You can see this code and the other (DC-ME-01T-S) on this page here http://www.digi.com/products/wireless-wired-embedded-solutions/solutions-on-module/digi-connect/digiconnectme#models

What the differences are on this product is not my specialty.

I don't know the differences of the -C -P and -S either but the part number given refers to the above product so I would guess they are variants of the same thing.

As for numbering conventions I am not sure.  50000878 has many different variants so logic would suggest the smaller comes first.  For example the50000878-08 refers to the DC-ME4-01T-C which is a 4MB variant but there are many -xx numbers.

These part numbers are not real part numbers so I can't be of much more help.  They are primarily internally used numbers that are an element of a package.  EG DC-ME-01T-S.  Have a look around for a 4MB version with the full product numbers on the page linked above.
Ok, Thank you for your help
0 votes
-C is for NET+OS development(C is configurable).
-S is for "pug-and-play"

Now there are also -PC and -PS models.
The C and S in these model designators are the same as above.

The P refers to 802.3af compliant power pass-thru. This (form what I can tell) is the official and technical name for power over Ethernet.

So -PC would be a NET+OS part supporting part that also supports power over Ethernet

A -PS part would be a plug and play that also supports power over Ethernet.
answered Jun 5 by dakotas_dad Veteran of the Digi Community (436 points)
Contact a Digi expert and get started today! CONTACT US