Home  >  Support  >  Support Forum  >  Recovery procedure for a non-working programmable XBEE module.
Notice! We've recently migrated to using a new forum, we hope you enjoy it. If you are an existing member and this is your first time visiting our new forum, please reset your password to be able to sign in.

Recovery procedure for a non-working programmable XBEE module.

0 votes
One of my programmable XBEE modules (XB24CZ7UISB) is frozen :
- At power up, it starts as a coordinator but hangs after a few seconds
- Boot loader menu seems to work but bypass mode is not working and firmware parameters cannot be accessed or updated :blue:

I tried :
- X-CTU recovery procedure
- downloading a new bootloader using SW debugger
But still not working...

I read on Digi web site that a dedicated phone procedure with Digi support team could be required.
How can I acticate this procedure ?

Any help would be appreciated !
asked Apr 25 in RF Solutions and XBee by Eric Grasland New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
Try following the procedure located at http://www.digi.com/support/kbase/kbaseresultdetl?id=3402
answered Apr 25 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (1,109 points)
0 votes
Thanks for the link.
As it is mentionned here, for programmable devices it is necessary to contact directly Digi support.
I'll try this option.

"If you have a programmable XBee, contact Digi Support for troubleshooting.
The recovery procedure outlined in this article are for standard XBees and other Digi RF products. A programmable XBee has a secondary Freescale processor that takes priority over the module's UART and as a result has to be recovered over-the-air or while in bypass mode. The procedure for recovering a programmable XBee varies depending on the situation, and is best done over-the-phone with a technical support member."
answered Apr 28 by Eric Grasland New to the Community (1 point)
Your M2M Expert™for Businessfor Developers
Newsletter SignupYouTubeGoogle+FacebookCopyright © 1996-2013 Digi International Inc. All rights reserved. Legal