Home  >  Support  >  Support Forum  >  Unable to transmit using XBee and a microprocessor board

Unable to transmit using XBee and a microprocessor board

0 votes
Hello! I am using a few XBee s3b 900HP devices, one of which is connected to a computer and another two that are connected to different beaglebone blacks.

The problem I am having is that I cant seem to transmit from the beaglebone to the other board or to the xbee connected to the computer. I have tried using the broadcast address and the xbee addresses. I am trying to do this in API mode.

I am able to receive messages when I send them from XCTU to the xbees connected to the beaglebones, but the transmission doesnt seem to work. I am using code I wrote, but as a test I copied a frame I generated in XCTU and I am trying to send that with no luck.

Any suggestions or help is appriciated!
asked Mar 21 in DigiMesh Proprietary Mesh Networking by gbarne2 New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
if you haven't already try using a non-default pan ID with all 3. For troubleshooting purposes, disable sleep and encryption too.
answered Mar 22 by kjensen8 Veteran of the Digi Community (558 points)
0 votes
I actually just figured out the issue. I was using API mode one, and all digi xbees have 0x13 in their address, which the xbee reads as a command byte. As soon as I change the mode to API using escaped characters it works.

Thanks
answered Mar 23 by gbarne2 New to the Community (1 point)
Contact a Digi expert and get started today! CONTACT US