Home  >  Support  >  Support Forum  >  get into a network device in connectport x4
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

get into a network device in connectport x4

0 votes
Hi everybody!

I have installed a digi connectport x4, and I am using NXP Plug Meters (with XBee ZB ZigBee Mesh Module), Digi Wall Router, and pikkerton ZigBee smart energy meters ZBS-110V2.

It is running fine; I have my python programs running on it. I am able to measure the temperature and luminosity with digi wall router. NXP devices and ZBS devices are also able to transmit their own parameters.

However, the problem I am facing is that some of the pikkerton ZBS came by default in ‘off’ status. This means that my digi connectport is only able to recognize that there are some ZigBee devices, but I can’t interact with them.

Thus, I need to change this status from ‘off’ to ‘on’.

My guess (but I don’t know if it is possible) is that to change this parameter from the telnet interface once I am connected to my connectport, I need to get into each device in order to change its own parameters

Thus, what I need is somehow to get into a device which is actually connected to my network to change its parameters (regardless of whether it is a NXP, a ZBS or a digi wall router).

For example, getting inside the Digi Wall Router to get the measurements every 15 seconds instead of 1 second I have. The same example can be translated to the others devices.

Finally, once I am inside the device, which commands are necessary to change the status in pikkerton devices’ and the refresh time of sending data.

Thanks in advance,
Miguel
asked Mar 11 in Digi Connect Cellular by Miguel New to the Community (2 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
If the Pikkerton Meter is a certified Smart Energy device, you won't be able to communicate with it from a ConnectPort X4 ZB.

Though ZigBee Smart Energy Profile (SEP) is ZigBee, the application profile itself has some additional requirements which aren't met by a standard ZigBee device.

To interface with ZigBee Smart Energy devices, you'd likely want to purchase the ConnectPort X2e SE Router model (assuming the Pikkerton Smart Meter is a Coordinator). You can find out more information about the Gateway here:

http://www.digi.com/products/wireless-routers-gateways/gateways/connectportx2ese
answered May 8 by michaelt Veteran of the Digi Community (720 points)
Contact a Digi expert and get started today! CONTACT US