Home  >  Support  >  Support Forum  >  XBee only responds with the chars i send
Notice! We've recently migrated to using a new forum, we hope you enjoy it. If you are an existing member and this is your first time visiting our new forum, please reset your password to be able to sign in.

XBee only responds with the chars i send

0 votes
I have 3 Xbee S2 ZB modules that I'm trying to configure, without any luck (its the same result with all the modules).

I have them connected with my pc through a seriell cable and communicate using X-CTU.

When i do Test / Querie i get:
"
Communication with modem.. OK
Modem firmware version = ATVR

Modem type = Name unknown (ID = 5183491234791) (some random number)

Serial Number = ATSH
ATSL
"
So it basically thinks the modem responds with the serial number, but it only responds with the commands that is sent.

And when i try to issue commands on to the modem its the same thing, it only responds with what i send in, and never anything else.

Baud rate is 9600, Data bits 8, None parity, Stop bits 1. I'm using the newest FTDI drivers, I'm doing this on a virtual PC windows 7 that is running on a Mac.

My circuit looks like this:
Pin 1 got +3v
Pin 2 Uart communication
Pin 3 Uart communication

Pin 10, GND

The rest is left untouched.

I really don't think there is a problem with my serial communication. Because I'm using the same setup when connecting to a micro controller, and i don't have any problems communicating with it from the computer and vice versa.
asked Mar 10 in ZigBee Smart Energy Profile 1.1 by annell New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
What kind of cable are you using and what voltage level does it run at?
answered May 6 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (1,465 points)
Contact a Digi expert and get started today! CONTACT US