Home  >  Support  >  Support Forum  >  How do I retrieve the list of networks available?
Notice! We've recently migrated to using a new forum, we hope you enjoy it. If you are an existing member and this is your first time visiting our new forum, please reset your password to be able to sign in.
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

How do I retrieve the list of networks available?

0 votes
How do I retrieve the list of available networks? I've been fiddling with this for several ours and two approaches seem to result in a list added to the
Code:
modemstat ?
output:

a)
Code:
modemstat s
b)
Code:
python -m misc/mcmdi AT+COPS=?

There are also more issues with that:

a) it takes a loooong time for the information to show up 15+ minutes, while another 3G Mini PCI Express modem produces that information using the same SIM within 2 minutes.

b) the information stays in the
Code:
modemstat ?
output even after doing a
Code:
modemoff
/
Code:
modemon
sequence, and removing the SIM.

c) I don't know which of the two above actually works.

Has anyone ever done anything useful with abovementioned commands?

Thanks in advance.
asked Mar 4 in Digi TransPort Cellular by NickHibma New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Not sure what you are trying to do.
Modemstat is used to see mobile information

If you want to scan for other networks you can navigate to the following option in the webUI and can see the available networks

Management - Network Status > Interfaces > Mobile
answered Mar 19 by sans0909 Veteran of the Digi Community (263 points)
I am trying to retrieve the list of available operators through the command line (we command the modem through a second application that monitors the 3G connection).

The web interface is as unreliable it seems as the modemstat s command. On USB 3G modems AT+COPS=? yields a result within 2 minutes normally.
Contact a Digi expert and get started today! CONTACT US