Home  >  Support  >  Support Forum  >  Digi Connect 9210 ME Firmware update failed
Notice! We've recently migrated to using a new forum, we hope you enjoy it. If you are an existing member and this is your first time visiting our new forum, please reset your password to be able to sign in.
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Digi Connect 9210 ME Firmware update failed

0 votes
Hello Guys,

I made a firmwareupdate for the digiConnect9210 ME module. First I did the Post update (as described in the firmware manual). After the succesfull message and rebooted module I can not see the module in my network. I tryed the DiscoveryUtility and other network tools, but no success.
The original firmware was very old (I don`t have the number but the year was 2006, the new firmware was the actual one from the firmware page).

Any ideas?

Best regard

TestUser
asked Feb 24 in Digi Connect Cellular by TestUser New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

3 Answers

0 votes
What does the serial output say, do you see the ipaddress it obtained from the dhcp server? You should be able to see the ipaddress and ping it. If you can not ping it, it might not be in the same subnet as your pc. Check the ipaddress.
answered Feb 24 by Campbell Seasoned Professional (185 points)
0 votes
Also check your network connection to make network cable is properly working.
answered Feb 24 by Campbell Seasoned Professional (185 points)
0 votes
Hello,

thanks for the ideas. I checked the points and I don't found a reason for the problem.
My idea is now I used the wrong firmware version.

At the label of the modul is written:

Connect ME
PN:(1P) 50000878-01 W
-s 95011130B

What is the correct firmware? Is it a 2MB (DC-ME-01T-S) or 4 MB (DC-ME4-01T-S) Chip? I think it isn't a 9210 version...

Thanks for help!
answered Feb 26 by TestUser New to the Community (1 point)
Contact a Digi expert and get started today! CONTACT US