Home  >  Support  >  Support Forum  >  how to change the destination address of xbee enddevice without connecting it to the computer!!!
Notice! We've recently migrated to using a new forum, we hope you enjoy it. If you are an existing member and this is your first time visiting our new forum, please reset your password to be able to sign in.

how to change the destination address of xbee enddevice without connecting it to the computer!!!

0 votes
Hi guys, i'm a new user to xbee and here's my ques--- consider there are 2 xbees and i wanted to know if it is possible to broadcast the lower addr of xbee1 and when xbee2 receives this i want to change the dest addr in xbee2 without connecting it to a terminal??...is this even possible???....if so how can i do it???.... :?

any help would be appreciated greatly!!!...thanks :)
asked Feb 14 in XBee Programmable Development by V35 New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
I think you can do this through the coordinator in API mode.

This may help: http://www.digi.com/support/kbase/kbaseresultdetl?id=3221
answered Feb 16 by niftynei New to the Community (5 points)
thank you for the reply....
i know how to broadcast the addr but my problem is the changing the dest addr without connecting it to a computer...i mean say my xbee2 can communicate with xbee1 but when xbee2 receives the lower byte of the 64bit addr of another xbee (say xbee3)...can i change the dest addr in xbee2 to the addr of xbee3 without having to do this manually by connecting it to a computer??...any idea on how to do it??..or is it even possible???
Your M2M Expert™for Businessfor Developers
Newsletter SignupYouTubeGoogle+FacebookCopyright © 1996-2013 Digi International Inc. All rights reserved. Legal