Home  >  Support  >  Support Forum  >  how to change the destination address of xbee enddevice without connecting it to the computer!!!

how to change the destination address of xbee enddevice without connecting it to the computer!!!

0 votes
Hi guys, i'm a new user to xbee and here's my ques--- consider there are 2 xbees and i wanted to know if it is possible to broadcast the lower addr of xbee1 and when xbee2 receives this i want to change the dest addr in xbee2 without connecting it to a terminal??...is this even possible???....if so how can i do it???.... :?

any help would be appreciated greatly!!!...thanks :)
asked Feb 14 in XBee Programmable Development by V35 New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
I think you can do this through the coordinator in API mode.

This may help: http://www.digi.com/support/kbase/kbaseresultdetl?id=3221
answered Feb 16 by niftynei New to the Community (5 points)
thank you for the reply....
i know how to broadcast the addr but my problem is the changing the dest addr without connecting it to a computer...i mean say my xbee2 can communicate with xbee1 but when xbee2 receives the lower byte of the 64bit addr of another xbee (say xbee3)...can i change the dest addr in xbee2 to the addr of xbee3 without having to do this manually by connecting it to a computer??...any idea on how to do it??..or is it even possible???
Contact a Digi expert and get started today! CONTACT US