Home  >  Support  >  Support Forum  >  Programmable Xbee S3B 900HP Baud issue

Programmable Xbee S3B 900HP Baud issue

0 votes
I am using the example "Serial Bypass" on the CodeWarrior IDE for the Xbee-Pro S3B 900HP

And i wish to use this example with a baud rate different than the one that is default in the config.xml file (115200)

The program works with baud 19220, 38400 and 115200 but when i try 9600 it enters a reboot loop sending the application screen out the serial port indefinitely.

".
. o Application: Serial Bypass
. o XBee module: S3B 32kB flash
. o HW address : 00-13-a2-00-40-aa-1d-c0
. o HW version : 0x2341
. o FW version : 0x8067
. o Network ID : 01
."

I need to be able to use 9600 as a baud.

I would like some ideas as to remedy this.
Thanks.

I'm using digi XBIB-U-DEV USB boards
asked Feb 5 in XBee Programmable Development by linuxparty0990 New to the Community (0 points)
edited Feb 4 by linuxparty0990

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
The first question I have is why are you using a Programmable module in Bypass mode instead of just getting a non programmable module?
answered May 9 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (1,747 points)
0 votes
I'm just curious as to whether anyone can shed some new light on this topic. I'm having similar troubles with a pair of Xbee ZB Pro S2B programmable modules.

I've made some minor edits to a few of the sample programs provided in the SDK, and was hoping to configure the xbee uart for 9600 baud, but at that rate it just enters the same reboot loop linuxparty was experiencing. The apps work just fine at other baud rates, but not 9600.

I was hoping to ultimately use these xbees to wirelessly communicate with a Persistor CF2 mini computer, which under current configuration would prefer to talk at 9600.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I've tried this with the sample apps as is, unaltered except to change the uart baud to 9600 in config.xml and the same issue occurs.
answered Jul 10 by Cheddar New to the Community (1 point)
Contact a Digi expert and get started today! CONTACT US