Home  >  Support  >  Support Forum  >  Can SQLite be used on a WR21?
Notice! We've recently migrated to using a new forum, we hope you enjoy it. If you are an existing member and this is your first time visiting our new forum, please reset your password to be able to sign in.
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Can SQLite be used on a WR21?

0 votes
Is it possible to use SQLite on a WR21 or similar?

I have an existing implementation of a program I am working on that uses a SQLite database to index the data on a device I am communicating to. I know Python normally supports this functionality and that the Digi devices do not natively. I have heard from an Application Engineer at Digi that it is possible to add support for SQLite to these devices. From what I have seen, there is no pure Python implementation of SQLite. Is it possible to use a third party module that isn't only Python? I would imagine there would need to be some sort of cross compilation step... Any suggestions or maybe an example of importing a different third party library?

Otherwise I would be willing to port this over to another format if I have to. What would be the best supported way to go? It looks like I could generate a raw list in Python, or a flat file in XML, or YAML.
asked Jan 20 in Digi TransPort by radix07 New to the Community (22 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer
The answer I found is that it may be possible with CTypes, but is not natively supported.
answered Jan 22 by radix07 New to the Community (22 points)
Contact a Digi expert and get started today! CONTACT US