Home  >  Support  >  Support Forum  >  How do I perform voltage to temperature conversion using BL4S150 and Dynamic C?
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

How do I perform voltage to temperature conversion using BL4S150 and Dynamic C?

0 votes
I would like to use a TMP36 solid state sensor and convert the voltage readings to degrees in Dynamic C.

Thanks for any advice.

Bob
asked Jan 8 in Rabbit Software by rboecking New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

3 Answers

0 votes
what type of input will you provide from the TMP36 to the rabbit micro?
answered Jan 15 by HVchris New to the Community (2 points)
0 votes
I will read between 0 - 5 volts dc depending on temperature read by the TMP36. I will connect the TMP36 output to an analog input on my rabbit.

As an afterthought, I could echo the output's voltage reading to an xml file and then do the conversion with visual basic on my windows pc.

I monitor voltages ot several remote sites and would like to also monitor temperatures in the cabinet and in the battery boxes with my rabbit microcontrollers.

I have several TMP36's salvaged from surplus equipment and have the datasheets for those devices as well.
I don't know if I could directly read a type J thermocouple with the rabbit, but that would be another approach to consider.

Thanks!
Bob
answered Jan 16 by rboecking New to the Community (1 point)
0 votes
The TMP36 has a linear response curve with 10mV per Degree C and 100 mV = -40 Deg C, 750 mV = 25 Deg C.

If you measure the input voltage in mV you can convert that to degrees C by subtracting 100, dividing by 10 and subtracting 40.

e.g 750 - 100 = 650, divide by 10 and subtract 40 to get 25 Deg C.

Regards,
Peter
answered Jan 16 by petermcs Veteran of the Digi Community (465 points)
Contact a Digi expert and get started today! CONTACT US