Home  >  Support  >  Support Forum  >  Xbee wifi won't sleep for longer than 5 minutes
Notice! We've recently migrated to using a new forum, we hope you enjoy it. If you are an existing member and this is your first time visiting our new forum, please reset your password to be able to sign in.

Xbee wifi won't sleep for longer than 5 minutes

0 votes
My Xbee S6B will not sleep for longer than 5 minutes. Any value over 5 minutes for the SP sleep will not work.

107AC0 for SP sleep time should sleep for 3 hours, however my radio sleeps for just 5 minutes. Short times such as 1388 for SP work fine.

I have written the radio firmware (2021) several times but this doesn't seem to fix the problem.

Is my radio fried, or is this a known issue? Am I missing something on the settings?

Radio settings are:
SA=2710
SM = 4
SO = 100
SP = 107AC0
ST = 1388
WH = 9CB
asked Dec 17, 2013 in IEEE 802.11 by C# Shooter New to the Community (4 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
I have confirmed this with 2 different Xbee SB6 radios now. This seems to be an issue with the radios themselves. Any setting longer than 5 minutes for sleep time while in API mode is not honored by the radio.
answered Dec 18, 2013 by C# Shooter New to the Community (4 points)
0 votes
In case anyone is wondering, I reported this to Digi and they have confirmed it to be an issue with firmware 2021.

Bob
answered Jan 6 by C# Shooter New to the Community (4 points)
Your M2M Expert™for Businessfor Developers
Newsletter SignupYouTubeGoogle+FacebookCopyright © 1996-2013 Digi International Inc. All rights reserved. Legal