Home  >  Support  >  Support Forum  >  Has anyone gotten the new beta xctu to read the com ports in win/7?
Notice! We've recently migrated to using a new forum, we hope you enjoy it. If you are an existing member and this is your first time visiting our new forum, please reset your password to be able to sign in.
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Has anyone gotten the new beta xctu to read the com ports in win/7?

0 votes
On my Win/7 desktop, when attempting to add or discover a device using the new beta XCTU featured in the November newsletter, a screen flashes for hundreds of milliseconds that the system is getting the com port list. That's it - end of programming day.

I uninstall'd the program, rebooted & re-loaded it. Same window - rebooted - same....I wonder if someone else has it up. I'll try it on XP, while awaiting an answer. Thanks
asked Nov 8, 2013 in ConnectPort Display by jongray New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Do you have the link to the beta XCTU app you installed? I'm running released version 5.2.8.6 on two different Windows 7 machines, one 32-bit, one 64-bit, without error.

I do seem to remember one tricky thing about the install though, in that the XCTU install seemed to "stall" on me. It was at that time that I discovered a popup behind my XCTU install window (which didn't even show up on the Task Bar mind you), which was prompting me on whether or not I wanted to download the firmwares from the Website (if I remember right). Once I clicked the box and it went away, the install continued without a hitch.

Is it possible this is what you are running into as well?
answered Nov 12, 2013 by michaelt Veteran of the Digi Community (719 points)
This is good - that very well could have happened. I got it working on 2 XP machines & 1 Win7, which may be 32 bit - I don't remember. It would be nice if I can get it on my 64 bit workstation with the 40" monitor. I'll uninstall it & reinstall again. It drives me crazy to reboot - I keep a lot of big spreadsheets open.
No reboot should be necessary to install XCTU.  Just make sure that if the install seems to "stall", you minimize your XCTU installer screen to see if anything is hiding behind it ;)
Your M2M Expert™for Businessfor Developers
Newsletter SignupYouTubeGoogle+FacebookCopyright © 1996-2013 Digi International Inc. All rights reserved. Legal