Home  >  Support  >  Support Forum  >  Communication betwen 3 (three) Xbees+Arduino
Notice! We've recently migrated to using a new forum, we hope you enjoy it. If you are an existing member and this is your first time visiting our new forum, please reset your password to be able to sign in.

Communication betwen 3 (three) Xbees+Arduino

0 votes
Hi,

Very new to this community. I am working with Xbee Series 1 devices and Arduino UNO. The nodes are consist of Xbee+UNO.

I have made a communication as below:

Node A<~~~~~~~~~~~~>Node B

It worked fine. Now when I am trying to do another communication (The three nodes are switched on this time):

Node A<~~~~~~~~~~~~>Node C

I am getting problem. The Node A stops getting any data from Node B once I switch Node C on . I have put programming in All the nodes so that they would understand which data is from whom but it doesn't seem working.

FYI: I have not changed anything in XBees, Just pre defined PAN ID as 3332 for 3 of them. And all other configurations are unchanged and as default. As arduino UNO is working behind, I am wondering whether the program has also anything to do here.

Looking forward for your answer or suggestion.

Thanks
asked Oct 16, 2013 in IEEE 802.15.4 by Xduo New to the Community (0 points)
what model and firmware are the XBees?
I am using XBee Series 1 (Function set 802.15.4) and Version 10EC.

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
In there default state, the module are in transparent peer to peer mode. as a result, you need to crate the entire packet you want to send and if you want to know who it is coming from, add in an address function.
answered May 12 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (1,465 points)
Contact a Digi expert and get started today! CONTACT US