Home  >  Support  >  Support Forum  >  How to set up Pin Hibernate!
Notice! We've recently migrated to using a new forum, we hope you enjoy it. If you are an existing member and this is your first time visiting our new forum, please reset your password to be able to sign in.

How to set up Pin Hibernate!

0 votes
Hi to everyone!
This is not my first post about xbeeS2 sleep option,but i'm still struggling with my xbees module, and I cant continue my project.

I want to set one xbeeS2 module as end device in sleep mode SM=1 so that it sends to the coordinator (another XbeeS2) Rf packet only when my "window" gets opened (simulated by putting DTR on end device to ground).

This is what i do:
End Device: modem type XB24-ZB , firmware verision 29A7
PanID=7779
DL,DH to that of my coordinator
SM=1
Pullup resistor: 1FFF (i connect my dtr to pullup resistor)
ST=3E8; ( 1 second)
SP=20;
SN=1;
PO=0;
IR=3E8
Coordinator : modem type XB24-ZB version 21A7
PanID=7779;
SP=20.
SN=1.
From what i set, I expected :
- AT system power up the End Device should be in sleep (since i set Pullup resistor on DTR to "1").
- When my windows is opened (put dtr to ground ) I receive 1 RF packet (since IR=ST).
- End Device goes to sleep again.

This is what i get:
- At power up in the Xctu Terminal of Coordinator I get some RF data .
- After these packets the end device seems to go to sleep (no data in the XCTU terminal).
- When I put dtr to ground I receive the right "1 packet" as I expected. I then put DTR to High (floating but connected to internal pull up so it is at "1" logic level)
- After this packet the end device seems to sleep again but after some seconds RSSI of coordinator blinks and I get some packets in its terminal.
- After these "some packets" it seems to go back in sleep but again after about 30 sec RSSI led on coordinator blinks and I receive RF data in XCTU.

Why my PIN hibernate doesnt work?
Why I get RF packets even if DTR is "high" (connected to pullup)? I dont want RF packet when DTR is High (thanks to pullup resistor).

Since I suspected my modems were damaged I test a simple chat and no problem, then I tried SM=0 and I get the correctly one packet at second in Xctu Terminal.

What i'm getting wrong ? Is it something related with SP,SN,SO,PO parameters? if yes please suggest me a right configuration! I also tested this configuration with xbeeS1 nodes with no problems .
Thanks a lot.
asked Sep 19, 2013 in RF Solutions and XBee by nickoli New to the Community (2 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

Contact a Digi expert and get started today! CONTACT US