Home  >  Support  >  Support Forum  >  xbee digital input always reporting high
Notice! We've recently migrated to using a new forum, we hope you enjoy it. If you are an existing member and this is your first time visiting our new forum, please reset your password to be able to sign in.
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

xbee digital input always reporting high

0 votes
Hi there,
I've been able to set up a small testing network using 2 xb24zb's. I have one set up as coordinator in API mode and one set up as router in AT mode. I'm trying to follow this youtube tutorial. It's just a simple switch circuit. The one difference is I'm connecting it to a Raspberry Pi, and I'm using cutecom to output the hex values

My problem is that when I connect things up the digital input pin never changes when I press the switch. It starts off high right from the beginning. There are no short circuits, and even when I disconnect the switch it still remains high.

I read elsewhere about the pull up resistors and wondered if it might be them, so I tried different combinations of inputs such as 0, 1FFE, 0000, etc. but I got weird results where it was alternating between on and off without even using the switch. Also, that didn't need to be done in the video.

I doubt that it is the XBees as this happened with three different ones that I tried. Has anybody else come across this and found a solution to it? Any help would be appreciated because I'm tearing my hair out at this stage.
asked Jul 11, 2013 in Feedback/Wish List by paulhan New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

Your M2M Expert™for Businessfor Developers
Newsletter SignupYouTubeGoogle+FacebookCopyright © 1996-2013 Digi International Inc. All rights reserved. Legal