Home  >  Support  >  Support Forum  >  XBee S2B vs S3B Range and Sleep

XBee S2B vs S3B Range and Sleep

0 votes
I've been using the XBee S2B Pro Programmable for some time now and it's perfect in every way except the range. I noticed the S3B 900 claims a much greater range so I've ordered some of those. However, in preparation of "porting" to the new device, I'm starting to see some potential issues; namely power management.

My existing setup is essentially point to point wherein the coordinator is on all the time and the other device awakes on interrupt and send a short message to the coordinator after which it returns to sleep.

While I realize there is no "coordinator" in the DM model, I would like to keep the same approach as the "coordinator" can be attached to mains and the sensor cannot. I would also like to keep roughly the same PM model where the sensor awakes on command (I'm using the PM API), transmits, gets a response, and goes back to sleep. I do not want the sensor to have to wait to transmit once the interrupt occurs.

Is that possible with the S3B? Is there a longer range programmable ZigBee model I should be looking at?
asked May 9, 2013 in DigiMesh Proprietary Mesh Networking by jefffhaynes New to the Community (17 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
S3B also supports varies sleep modes. I guess, 'Pin Sleep' mode will be the best option in your project.

Look at all the Sleep Modes description in product manual to choose the most prefered one.
answered May 10, 2013 by killer32 Veteran of the Digi Community (272 points)
I asked this in a different question but I'm not sure this is accurate or at least it doesn't appear to be quite so straightforward:

http://www.digi.com/support/forum/35034/how-can-put-xbee-900hp-programmable-sleep-programmatically
Contact a Digi expert and get started today! CONTACT US