Home  >  Support  >  Support Forum  >  Is there a Programmable, Low-Power, Non-SMT XBee?
Notice! We've recently migrated to using a new forum, we hope you enjoy it. If you are an existing member and this is your first time visiting our new forum, please reset your password to be able to sign in.

Is there a Programmable, Low-Power, Non-SMT XBee?

+1 vote
It seems like there is a product gap here. I need a low-power, programmable, regular (non-SMT) XBee module but it doesn't appear in any lists.

This is the module I'm looking for is:
XBP24BZ7PITB003 - but minus PRO
XB24-Z7PIT-004 - but plus Programmable
XB24CZ7PISB003 - but regular, not SMT

This module would likely be called:
Programmable XBee ZB
XB24-Z7PITB004

Am I missing it somewhere?

Thank you,
Mattias
asked Apr 25, 2013 in XBee Programmable Development by MattiasF New to the Community (7 points)
edited Apr 25, 2013 by MattiasF

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

+2 votes
So true. There is a gap in the product line. If you follow the history of the Programmable option you may notice that it follows the introduction of new versions of the hardware. I feel that it is only a matter of time before we see the whole family of XBee's supported by a programmable option. The new XB900HP and XB868LP were introduced with a programmable option! So as that famous line in the Hobbit goes the answer is---Time.
answered May 3, 2013 by MikeN Community Contributor (80 points)
0 votes
I am also waiting for this. I also need a developement Kit with these modules. Are they done jet?
answered Jun 6 by lueis New to the Community (7 points)
Right now you would need to go to the Surface mount version of the XBee ZB modules to find a Programmable version of a standard 1mW XBee ZB module.
http://www.digi.com/products/wireless-wired-embedded-solutions/zigbee-rf-modules/zigbee-mesh-module/xbee-smt#models
Your M2M Expert™for Businessfor Developers
Newsletter SignupYouTubeGoogle+FacebookCopyright © 1996-2013 Digi International Inc. All rights reserved. Legal