Home  >  Support  >  Support Forum  >  IEEE802.15.4/ZigBee Frame Capture
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

IEEE802.15.4/ZigBee Frame Capture

0 votes
Hi;

I see Wireshark provides a plug in for capturing IEEE802.15.4/ZigBee packets. But it is designed to work with the Freescale 1322XUSB dongle only. This dongle appears to not be readily available. I believe it should be possible to use the DIGI xstick USB or DIGI XBIB USB development board to do the capture.

Wireshark documentation states it is easy to accomodate other ZigBee USB devices but does not offer any details.

Can we start a discussion on capturing and displaying IEEE802.15.4/ZigBee packets using a DIGI xstick or XBIB and wireshark?
asked Feb 6, 2012 in Feedback/Wish List by rubout New to the Community (15 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
The XStick/XBIB could only work with a custom firmware since inherently it never exposes the actual RF packets (like all the end-devcie beacons, requests to join and so on).

One would actually think such an image would be easy to make - just accept ALL of the bytes exiting the 'MAC' layer and dump them out via serial at 115kbps.

Now this MIGHT be limited in that you'd only see data for 1 PAN at a time. I don't think that would be a horrible limitation.
answered Mar 22, 2012 by lynnl Veteran of the Digi Community (1,041 points)
0 votes
I also like jewelry I don't think that would be a horrible limitation.http://www.07473.net
answered Dec 12, 2012 by destyoo New to the Community (2 points)
Contact a Digi expert and get started today! CONTACT US