Home  >  Support  >  Support Forum  >  How to play audio with connect port display ???
Notice! We've recently migrated to using a new forum, we hope you enjoy it. If you are an existing member and this is your first time visiting our new forum, please reset your password to be able to sign in.
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

How to play audio with connect port display ???

0 votes
Hi!

I just got brand new Connectport Display M22. I also has some port for pluging in the headphones and microfone.

But the question is how do you tranfer sounds from remote Pc to Display ? Is it hardware supported?

Has anyone has a wish that connect port would have built in VLC (www.videolan.org) ???

Regards, Peter.
asked Nov 20, 2006 in ConnectPort Display by telos New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

4 Answers

0 votes
Hello Peter,

The initial M Series software release does not support audio, and this will be software field upgradeable.

Our Technical Support group has not had any requests for VLC.

Regards,

Jeremy
answered Nov 20, 2006 by jeremym Veteran of the Digi Community (1,001 points)
0 votes
This is really unfortunate, as this was one of the reasons I purchased this instead of PCexpanion. I had also expected there would be usb printer capability also. Will this ever occur?
answered Oct 1, 2007 by wakers9 New to the Community (2 points)
0 votes
Hi there,

From a support standpoint, I can tell you that, currently, the ConnectPort Display M22 does not have audio support enabled, and USB printers are not supported. The kinds of USB devices that are supported are mice, keyboards, and most HID-style input devices, i.e. barcode scanners.

I'll have a sales rep contact you to let you know the ETA for audio support, and to discuss possible printer support in further detail, as it relates to your application.

Apologies for any inconvenience.
answered Oct 1, 2007 by jeremym Veteran of the Digi Community (1,001 points)
0 votes
Hello, can you tell if ConnectPort Display M22 supports audio transmission ove IP now?
answered Aug 19, 2010 by sixtoff New to the Community (1 point)
Contact a Digi expert and get started today! CONTACT US