Home  >  Support  >  Support Forum  >  Xycom 5015KMPT Keypad and Mouse
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Xycom 5015KMPT Keypad and Mouse

0 votes
Hello, After solving the issue of touchscreen here is other problem found, the XYCOM 5015KPMT Industrial Monitor has a Keyboard and integrated mouse (Interlink Versapoint pointing device). Now the keypad and mouse are only available throught PS2 connectors (cable included), I tried a PS2 to USB cable converter to attach the integrated keypad and mouse to my CP-DIS-M22 device but it seems only keypad (with a very low response) seems to be working, the integrated mouse doesn't response, both work ok if I attach them directly to host computer. any help will be very appreciated.
asked Jun 18, 2009 in ConnectPort Display by jtejada New to the Community (17 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

12 Answers

0 votes
From our experience, PS2 to USB converters don't usually work well with the CP-DIS-M22. The best suggestion I can offer is try other kinds of PS2 to USB converters until you find one that (hopefully) works.

About the low response of the keypad, please give me more details. What exactly is the symptom?

For troubleshooting purposes, connect a USB keypad to the CP-DIS-M22 instead and let me know if the symptom is the same or not. This will help us determine if the cause of this issue is related to VNC (software) or not.
answered Jun 19, 2009 by jeremym Veteran of the Digi Community (1,001 points)
0 votes
Hello jeremym,

Sorry for not answering before, we have tested connecting a USB keyboard directly and it works fine, so apparently it is because the converter doesn't work very well, unfortunately there is only one local vendor for this type of device.

Additionally I would like to request if it is possible to integrate the touch-base (www.touch-base.com) touchscreen drivers similar to I understand ELO touch drivers are installed directly on the CP-DIS-M22 display, this is because we have installed touchbase drivers on the remote computer and it work great, but when I restart the CP-DIS-M22 device I have to "re-enable" the touchscreen driver since the disconnection is made, this happend ocasionally also when the CP-DIS-M22 lost connection to the remote computer, I have to manual enable the touchscreen again, I understand because the remote computer lost the serial COM port connection to the RealPort software.

Thank you.
answered Aug 12, 2009 by jtejada New to the Community (17 points)
0 votes
Hello,

1. Right, we do natively support Elo USB touchscreens. In order to also support a touch-base touchscreen, some engineering work would need to be done and that would need to go through sales and product management first. About how many of these touch-base touchscreens do you have that you're looking to get this feature added for, both now and in the future?

2. Please tell me more about that issue. How exactly do you re-enable / manually enable the touchscreen driver? Also, what kind of activity you think was causing the "lost connection" to happen?

3. Am I correctly assuming that the touch-base touchscreen has both USB and serial interfaces, and it can connect to the PC either way?
answered Aug 12, 2009 by jeremym Veteran of the Digi Community (1,001 points)
0 votes
Hello,

1. Right now we have only 1 device for testing in production equipment, if the test is accepted in next 6 months we are planing to use this equipment for 13 stations in our plant, but potencialy we can push to promote the use this device at corporative level in Canada and US, the number of devices will be undeterminated actually.

2. The windows touchscreen driver from touch-base has a settings software called Universal Pointer Device Driver (UPDD) in where you must select the Status tab and click on the Reload button (I will attach screenshots), I have to do this from other computer since there no touchscreen on the one connected to de CP-DIS-M22 device
0 votes
3. In fact you have to choose the option when you bought the XYCOM touch screen monitor if you prefer it with the USB or the serial, in our case we bought the Serial since, it has a keypad and mouse integrated we tough we could use the three of them since CP-DIS-M22 has effectively a Serial, a keyboard and a mouse port, unfortuately as we have commented before we didn't know they will be PS2 (cable included) and that mouse will be unsupported since it didn't work with the PS2 to USB converter, and the touchscreen will have the issue commented above.

The other option that we have is to bought a XYCOM without keypad and mouse integrated and ELO touch card and test it, but that imply our app should be 100% touch and wait to purchase will be approved etc, etc.

I hope something can be done in a future to support this device since the concept is great.

Thank you.
0 votes
What OS are you running on the host PC?
answered Aug 12, 2009 by jeremym Veteran of the Digi Community (1,001 points)
0 votes
Windows XP Pro SP3
0 votes
In parallel to working with sales to try to get that touchscreen supported natively (like we do for Elo), I'd like to continue trying to troubleshoot the issue related to having to "reload" the touchscreen when using it via serial / RealPort.

With that being said, tell me, what happens if the touchscreenÂ’s serial port is connected to a standard (onboard) PC serial port, when the serial cable is disconnected? Does the touchscreen recover automatically or do you have to reload the driver to make it work again?

Also, are you using the default RealPort settings (i.e. keepalives enabled) or did you perhaps disable this setting, or change any of the other RealPort settings?

P.S. Please add an e-mail address to your profile and make it visible so I can have someone from our sales group contact you about that feature request.
answered Aug 13, 2009 by jeremym Veteran of the Digi Community (1,001 points)
0 votes
Hello jeremym,

We have done that testing, on a standard (onboard) PC serial port, when the cable is disconnected and reconnected the touchscreen sucessfuly recover without the need to reload driver to make it work again.

We don't have the keepalives enabled, I will attach a screen shot of all settings of the Realport driver,
perhaps we can make a test enabling this feature.

Thank you
answered Aug 17, 2009 by jtejada New to the Community (17 points)
0 votes
Thanks for the info and screen captures.

Please also upload your ConnectPort Display configuration. You'll need to back it up first through the web interface.
answered Aug 17, 2009 by jeremym Veteran of the Digi Community (1,001 points)
Contact a Digi expert and get started today! CONTACT US