Home  >  Support  >  Support Forum  >  Trouble with Dell keyboard and ISO 8859-1 Latin-1
Notice! We've recently migrated to using a new forum, we hope you enjoy it. If you are an existing member and this is your first time visiting our new forum, please reset your password to be able to sign in.
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Trouble with Dell keyboard and ISO 8859-1 Latin-1

0 votes
Hello,

i've tried my new box (VGA Connect Display 301-1180-01) with two different Dell keyboards and Windows XP SP2 with French(switzerland) language. The first one doesn't work at all. The second keyboard works partially but some keys are swapped...

Is there a way to solve these issues? Could you please tell me if the high res VGA model CP-DIS-M22 has the same behaviour?

thank you very much,
julien
asked Aug 24, 2009 in ConnectPort Display by julien.luthi_at_merckserono.net New to the Community (9 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

14 Answers

0 votes
When using that different PC with VNC Viewer (to emulate a ConnectPort Display), what is the keyboard input language? To check this, go to Control Panel / Regional and Language Options, click the Languages tab then click the Details button. I have a Keyboard category that says "US" in it. What does your look like in comparison?
answered Sep 2, 2009 by jeremym Veteran of the Digi Community (1,001 points)
0 votes
My keyboard input language is "swiss french". If i change it to "US", it reproduces the trouble exactly (same characters).
answered Sep 3, 2009 by julien.luthi_at_merckserono.net New to the Community (9 points)
0 votes
I think the only way to potentially resolve this is by changing some code in the ConnectPort Display, either the firmware or the UltraVNC Viewer code. In order to do that, we need to escalate this to our engineering group as a feature request, which would need go through our sales team to get prioritized. Where are you located?
answered Sep 3, 2009 by jeremym Veteran of the Digi Community (1,001 points)
0 votes
Could you please get in touch through email? I don't find yours.
answered Sep 7, 2009 by julien.luthi_at_merckserono.net New to the Community (9 points)
Contact a Digi expert and get started today! CONTACT US