Home  >  Support  >  Support Forum  >  Trouble with Dell keyboard and ISO 8859-1 Latin-1
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Trouble with Dell keyboard and ISO 8859-1 Latin-1

0 votes
Hello,

i've tried my new box (VGA Connect Display 301-1180-01) with two different Dell keyboards and Windows XP SP2 with French(switzerland) language. The first one doesn't work at all. The second keyboard works partially but some keys are swapped...

Is there a way to solve these issues? Could you please tell me if the high res VGA model CP-DIS-M22 has the same behaviour?

thank you very much,
julien
asked Aug 24, 2009 in ConnectPort Display by julien.luthi_at_merckserono.net New to the Community (9 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

14 Answers

0 votes
Newer firmware might help. Which firmware version are you running? To check this, go into the ConnectPort Display webpage and click the System Information link at the bottom-left, then copy/paste the firmware info.
answered Aug 24, 2009 by jeremym Veteran of the Digi Community (1,001 points)
0 votes
the firmware version is 2.1.0.0 (from 2005). I haven't seen a newer firmware on the product support page, is there one?
answered Aug 25, 2009 by julien.luthi_at_merckserono.net New to the Community (9 points)
0 votes
It looks like you're running the latest firmware. More focus has been put on the CPD M22 (the one that supports a higher display resolution) so that's probably why the firmware hasn't been updated in a while, FYI.

I checked the release notes for the CPD M22 and don't see any mention of changes related to USB keyboard support, so your keyboards would most likely behave the same way on one of those units.

About the first keyboard simply "not working", we've had reports and have seen that kind of behavior before ourselves. Most USB keyboards and mice work fine but, for some reason, some of them just don't. I'm not sure of what the exact cause of this issue is.

About the keys being swapped on the other keyboard, can you give me more details?
answered Aug 25, 2009 by jeremym Veteran of the Digi Community (1,001 points)
0 votes
It's a swiss french keyboard. The behaviour is the same as if i were using it on a PC with a US keyboard driver.

Here are some errors (key result) :
z y
; <
: >
- /
_ ?

cheers,
julien
answered Aug 26, 2009 by julien.luthi_at_merckserono.net New to the Community (9 points)
0 votes
If you were to connect that exact same swiss french USB keyboard directly to the same PC (the one running VNC server software), what would the behaviour be like? Would some keys be swapped, or not?
answered Aug 26, 2009 by jeremym Veteran of the Digi Community (1,001 points)
0 votes
Directly connected to the same pc, the keyboard works fine (the keys aren't swapped).
answered Aug 27, 2009 by julien.luthi_at_merckserono.net New to the Community (9 points)
0 votes
Please try this scenario:

1. Download this file onto a different PC that's on the same network as the other PC that's already running UltraVNC Server.

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/ultravnc/UltraVnc%20Stable/UltraVNC%20-%20Release%201.0.2/UltraVNC-102-Bin.zip?use_mirror=softlayer

2. Extract "vncviewer.exe" somewhere.

3. Run vncviewer.exe and then connect to that other PC that's already running UltraVNC Server.

What is the behavior like, related to some of the keys "swapping"? Are they swapped or not?
answered Aug 28, 2009 by jeremym Veteran of the Digi Community (1,001 points)
0 votes
I've tried to connect to the same vnc server with UltraVNC 1.0.2 FR (our standard installation) and it works fine.
answered Aug 31, 2009 by julien.luthi_at_merckserono.net New to the Community (9 points)
0 votes
Please use the English version of the UltraVNC Viewer, not the French version. Our goal here is to emulate the ConnectPort Display, which runs the English version of the UltraVNC Viewer software.
answered Aug 31, 2009 by jeremym Veteran of the Digi Community (1,001 points)
0 votes
The test with your binaries on a different PC hasn't shown any trouble (everything was ok). The used PC was clean, without any former VNC installation.
answered Sep 1, 2009 by julien.luthi_at_merckserono.net New to the Community (9 points)
Contact a Digi expert and get started today! CONTACT US