Home  >  Support  >  Support Forum  >  RS-232 data TAP with AccelePort Xem
Notice! We've recently migrated to using a new forum, we hope you enjoy it. If you are an existing member and this is your first time visiting our new forum, please reset your password to be able to sign in.
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

RS-232 data TAP with AccelePort Xem

0 votes
Hi,
I'm trying to monitor my rs-232 device with an Y. My device is using the Transmit (2), received (3) and SG (7) - db25. I'm using the BlackBox FA140A (DB25 Femele connector). I have 2 computer with 1 Acceleport Xem (16 ports, pci card ) connected on each ( one for received the data from my device and the other one for monitor the rs-232 ). The monitoring computer use only the "receive" and "SG". When both computer have power up, everything is fine, I can monitor my rs-232 device and the other computer can receive the data from my rs-232 device. When I power down the monitoring computer, everthing stop! The only way to resolve the problem is to disconnect the cable from the Accelport Xem from the monitoring computer. I don't have the problem is I connect the cable on the built-in com port of the monitoring computer. Seem that its a voltage issue... any idea???
Thanks!!!
asked Jan 30, 2013 in Serial Cards by lparent New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
These products are powered from the host system bus, so you are likely looking at a power issue depending on the state of the host server.

For this type of application, you might want to consider an ethernet based product line, such as the PortServer TS.
answered May 13 by userid0 Veteran of the Digi Community (933 points)
Contact a Digi expert and get started today! CONTACT US