Home  >  Support  >  Support Forum  >  Jumpstart Kit software and documentation
Notice! We've recently migrated to using a new forum, we hope you enjoy it. If you are an existing member and this is your first time visiting our new forum, please reset your password to be able to sign in.
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Jumpstart Kit software and documentation

0 votes
Is the software and documentation in the M10 Jumpstart Kit available to download?
I'm looking to purchase the bare modules rather than a jump start kit.
asked Aug 16, 2010 in Satellite Modules by slicker New to the Community (7 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

5 Answers

0 votes
The docs are here:
http://www.digi.com/support/productdetl.jsp?pid=4145&osvid=0&s=429&tp=3

But if you want the software you will need to buy the Jumpstart Kit
answered Aug 16, 2010 by mcarver Community Contributor (108 points)
0 votes
What!

The starter kit is handy but I don't need all that hardware.

I'm also interested to see how the module is addressed and messages are sent, before I purchase. It will be driven from a microcontroller so I want to understand the complexity of the protocol now.

Is this the official Digi line?
answered Aug 16, 2010 by slicker New to the Community (7 points)
0 votes
I've worked with the M10 a bit, all you do is format a packet, and then send it to the modem via a UART connection.

But yeah, Digi requires that you buy a kit if you want support, and their software.
answered Aug 16, 2010 by mcarver Community Contributor (108 points)
0 votes
Thanks mcarver for the info.

Did you use Digi support when you were using the development kit? Or was everything you needed in the documentation and software.

I've downloaded the dashboard help file and that gives me futher insight into how to talk to the modem.

We you using the M10 with a microcontroller or computer? Sorry to bombard you with questions but the limited documentation from Digi, and lack of forum posts, doesn't give me a feel for using the product.
answered Aug 16, 2010 by slicker New to the Community (7 points)
0 votes
I used them a little bit. I actually wrote my software for WinCE on their 9M2443.

I used their sample code, and the serial reference. I think that file is somewhere in the dashboard application's install directory.

Their example code is here:

http://www.digi.com/support/productdetl.jsp?pid=4145&osvid=0&s=429&tp=10&tp2=0
answered Aug 17, 2010 by mcarver Community Contributor (108 points)
Your M2M Expert™for Businessfor Developers
Newsletter SignupYouTubeGoogle+FacebookCopyright © 1996-2013 Digi International Inc. All rights reserved. Legal