Home  >  Support  >  Support Forum  >  m10 Replacement?
Notice! We've recently migrated to using a new forum, we hope you enjoy it. If you are an existing member and this is your first time visiting our new forum, please reset your password to be able to sign in.
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

m10 Replacement?

0 votes
Hello.

I am just looking for a modem that can reliably send/receive e-mails for a couple weeks, and it has to work in the Edmonton Alberta (Canada) area.

I purchased the m10 dev kit and it just doesn't look like it is close to working. I've even driven out into a field and put it on top of my car (though obviously that's a shit ground), to no avail.

I'm in Calgary now (not that it should matter where I am with satellites RIGHT overhead), and I can't get better than -110 dB (reading from the Dashboard utility).

Satellite
Gateway
Packet Error
Doppler shift
SNR

all show up with green checkmarks, though of course I never get even two solid 'signal bars' for more than a second.

This really seemed like an out-of-the-box solution, but I can't get one message through.

Any ideas?

Antenna?
asked Jul 27, 2011 in Satellite Modules by m10_Calgary New to the Community (2 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

3 Answers

0 votes
This is my scenario.. My M10 is situated in MN, USA and i am able to sent message.
answered Jul 28, 2011 by bobthomas13 Seasoned Professional (182 points)
0 votes
Well, if you've got messages going at -98 dB, then that's good news for me! Im going antenna shopping right now.

The Digi guy on the phone said I needed -60, which seemed a little too big a gap.

Thanks!
answered Jul 28, 2011 by m10_Calgary New to the Community (2 points)
0 votes
this will help then :)
http://www.orbcomm.com/our-partners-antennas.htm

happy shopping...
answered Jul 29, 2011 by bobthomas13 Seasoned Professional (182 points)
Contact a Digi expert and get started today! CONTACT US